The forms listed below require the use of Adobe Reader which is a free program that can be downloaded here.
BCSSRU General Information
BCSSRU Rules and Regulations
Game Management Resources
- 2016-17 Game Management Document 3-3-17
- 2016-17 U-19 Game Management Document 3-3-17
- 2017 BC High School Game Management Document - Coach
- 2014 IRB Recommended Sanctions
- 140307 RC Memo to Provincial Unions_IRB Rugby Goggles Trial
- 140509 CL IRB Law Clarification 1 2014
- Rugby Canada Scrum Amendment
- Rugby Canada Lightning Guidelines
- BC Boys Stadium Protocol
- BC Boys Game Management Document
- BCSSRU Substitution Card
- IRB Technical Zone Protocol
Information and Forms for Sanctioning of Out-of-Province Competition
Many British Columbia schools travel outside of the province to compete, and also host schools from across Canada, from the United States and from overseas. To ensure that this competition is approved or conducted by secondary school authorities and that it is fair and equitable, sanctioning policies have been developed by all Provincial School Sport Associations in Canada and State Associations in the United States.
BC SCHOOL SPORTS Policies and Procedures with respect to sanctioning of tours (both incoming and outgoing), as well as the required forms, can be downloaded as follows:
- Part I: Sanctioning for Out-of-Province Competition
- Application for Sanction of an Athletic Competition – BCSS Member School Hosting an Event
- Application for Sanction of an Athletic Competition – BCSS Member School Travelling to an Event
There may be situations where the rugby jurisdictions outside of Canada either sending a team to, or hosting a team from, British Columbia may require the approval of the BC Rugby Union and/or Rugby Canada. If this is the case, please review the information below, then complete and submit the required documentation as directed.
- Rugby Canada / BCRU Policies and Instructions
- Rugby Canada / BCRU Tour Out Form
- Rugby Canada / BCRU List of Travellers Form
Rules & Regulations
BC School Sports
BCSS is an organization of Member Schools which encourages student participation in extra-curricular athletics, assists schools in the development and delivery of their programs and provides governance for interschool competition.
2003A – 3713 Kensington Avenue, Burnaby BC, V5B 0A7
Rugby Canada is committed to developing and delivering Rugby Union Football, from fielding successful representative teams to providing leadership in refereeing and coaching. Through innovative leadership, corporate alliances and effective communication, Rugby Canada will elevate Rugby Union Football to the forefront of Canadian sport.
World Rugby - Laws of the Game
World Rugby is the world governing body for the sport of rugby union. World Rugby organises the Rugby World Cup every four years, the sport's most recognised and most profitable competition. It also organises a number of other international rugby competitions, such as the World Rugby Sevens Series, the Rugby World Cup Sevens, the World Under 20 Championship, and the Pacific Nations Cup.